In accordance with the Constitution of the Ocean Shores Country Club Ltd as amended 19 November 2017, all positions on the Board of Directors will be declared vacant at the Annual General Meeting which is to be held at 9.30 am on Sunday, 15th November 2020.
Notice is hereby given that the ballot for the eight (8) vacancies on the Board will be conducted in the Sunset Lounge at the club during the following times:
Monday 9th November 12noon – 2pm
Tuesday 10th November 12 noon – 2pm
Wednesday 11th November 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Thursday 12th November 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Friday 13th November 5pm – 7pm
Saturday 14th November 11am – 12 noon
There will be NO VOTING for Office Bearers at the AGM in 2020 all votes for Office Bearers must have been cast by 12 midday on Saturday 14th November, 2020.
Nominations are now invited for each of the following positions:
Bowls Director and
3 Ordinary Directors.
Members may nominate for more than one position.
Nomination forms are available at the office of the OSCC during normal opening hours.
ELIGIBILITY TO NOMINATE, BE NOMINATED AND VOTE FOR POSITIONS ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.
(Summarised from the Constitution of Ocean Shores Country Club Ltd as amended 19 Nov 17)
- Only financial Ordinary Voting Members and Life Members are eligible to nominate for or be elected to hold office on the Board of Directors.
- Only financial Ordinary Voting Members and Life Members are eligible to propose, second or nominate any eligible Members for any office of the Club.
- Only members who have served on the Board for at least one full term shall be eligible to be nominated for the position of Chairperson.
- Only golfing members may be nominated for the position of Golf Director.
- Only bowling members may be nominated for the position of Bowls Director.
- No member who has been found guilty by the Board or any Disciplinary Committee of the Board of any charge referred to in Rule 19.1 of the Constitution shall be eligible to be nominated or elected or appointed to the Board.
- Employees of the Club are not eligible to nominate, be nominated, or be appointed to a position on the Board of Directors.
- Social Members are entitled to:
- i. Attend the Annual General Meeting
- ii. Vote in the election of the Board of Directors, and
- iii. Propose, second or nominate any eligible Member for Life Membership of the Club.
- Social Members are not entitled to:
- i. Vote on any special resolution to amend the Constitution,
- ii. Nominate for or be elected to hold office on the Board, and
- iii. Propose, second or nominate any eligible Member for any office of the Club.
Nominations must be submitted to the General Manager no later than 5pm on Friday 16th October 2020. The roll of eligible voting members will close at the same time.
All enquiries should be directed to the Returning Officer: