Notice is hereby given that the 51st Annual General Meeting of Members will be held in the Pacific Room at the Clubhouse, Orana Road Ocean Shores NSW 2483 commencing at 9.30am on Sunday 15th November 2020.
Please be aware that due to COVID-19 restrictions, seating will be arranged to conform with NSW Health orders in effect at the time of the meeting. Members attending the Annual General Meeting are required to follow all Staff directions in accordance with the Club’s COVID-19 Management Plan.
- Welcome and Opening of the 51st Annual General Meeting.
- To confirm the Minutes of the 50th Annual General Meeting held on Sunday 3rd November 2019.
- To receive, consider and adopt the Financial Report, Directors’ Report and Auditor’s Report for the year ended 30 June 2020.
- To consider and if thought fit, to pass Ordinary Resolution One which appears under the heading ‘Notice of Ordinary Resolution One’.
- To declare the results of the Ballot for positions on the Board of Directors for 2020-2021 in accordance with the Club’s Constitution.
- To deal with any other business for which due notice has been given and may lawfully be brought forward.
Members please note: To enable a considered response, any questions relating to the contents of the Reports to Members, must be submitted in writing to the General Manager no later than 5pm on Friday 6th November 2020.
By order of the Board of Directors,
Ian Wills JP (Qual.) ACCM
October 14th 2020
2020 Annual General Meeting
Notice of Ordinary Resolution One
That pursuant to Section 10(6A)(b) of the Registered Clubs Act 1976 the Members approve and agree to the following benefits and reasonable expenditure by the Club until the next Annual General Meeting:
- Directors education and training to comply with registered club corporate governance legislation.
- Directors attendance at registered club specific trade and industry events.
- Directors attendance at industry meetings, seminars, training courses and conferences.
- To repay out of pocket expenses reasonably incurred by any member of the Board in the course of carrying out duties for the Club on production of a valid receipt and provided such expenses are approved by the Board.
- The reasonable cost of a meal and beverage for each Director immediately before or after a Board or Committee meeting.
- The reasonable cost of entertaining special guests of the Club.
- Provision of an electronic device for the use of each Director to access Board meeting and Club documents, seminar presentations and other Club-related communications.
- Provision of a Director uniform.
- Provision of a limited number of reserved car spaces in the Club’s car park for the use of the Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and General Manager.
- Benefits received by Members who are accepted into the membership Category of “Special Veterans” for the membership year 2020-2021.
The Members acknowledge that the above benefits are not available to Members generally but only for those who are Directors of the Club and those Members specified in the above activities.
Explanatory Message to Members Regarding Ordinary Resolution One:
Section 10 (1) (i) and (j) of the Registered Clubs Act 1976 prohibits the Club from offering a benefit or advantage to any Member (including a Director) unless it is offered equally to all Members of the Club.
Section 10 (6A)(b) of the Registered Clubs Act 1976 allows a Member to receive a benefit if the benefit conferred is not in the form of money and those benefits are approved by an ordinary resolution of the Members of the Club in general meeting prior to the benefit being provided.