Minutes BMC 27/4/22

 

Present : Marg Enright, Sam Curtis, Anne Stephen, Johnnie Busch, Bruce McCollom, Ian Wills, Ray Linabury

 

Apologies : Betty Linabury and Troy Makin

 

Meeting Commenced 8:30am

 

Minutes of the last meeting moved as a true and accurate record  – carried

 

Business Arising :

  • The funding for a DA submission to Byron Shire Council to access funding for new lighting on the top and bottom greens has been approved in principal by the Board. It now needs to go to a meeting of the Finance Committee
  • The Women’s bowls calendar has been printed and circulated. Many thanks to Johnnie for her efforts in compiling this and also to Kayla and Ian from the club front office
  • Johnnie Busch wishes to invite South Lismore BC to our Gala Day on Friday 27th May at no expense to South Lismore. Due to the extensive damage that they suffered in the recent floods. If they wish to enter more that one team we will cover the cost of one team. Moved Johnnie Sec. Margie carried

 

General Business

  • The draw for the Mens Pennants Competition is scheduled to be done today (Wed 27/4/22) at South Tweed BC. Sth Tweed BC have come back into our Area from the Qld competition
  • Our new caterer, Ross Burton was introduced to the meeting. He has come to us from Scotts Head Bowling Club
  • Betty Linabury received an email from the Lennox Head travelling bowlers (The White Pointers), seeking to visit our club on the 4th or 18th Sam Curtis will follow this up and get back to the meeting with further details
  • Steve Hardy is finalizing the designs for our own “Travelling Seahorses” shirt
  • The GoBo Day is proposed for Sunday 9th This is early notice but get your teams organized early. Many thanks to Stu Pratt for his efforts in coordinating this whole club event
  • Ray received an invitation from Club Iluka to participate in their Mens Winter triples to be held on Monday 4th A flyer with all information is on the Mens Bowls notice board
  • New COP for Men’s Major Singles, now bowling to a score of 25 NOT 31
  • Twilight bowlers are having difficulty seeing with the dim lighting on the top green. An interim solution has been proposed by Neil McLeod and Troy Makin. Ian has suggested that we may be able to replace the current lights with Halogen and use the existing poles. Ray will follow this up with Troy, Neil and Ian

 

Around the Table

  • Sam Curtis is trying to get bowls running on a Sunday afternoon (start approx 2pm). Sam also suggested the possibility of a members draw to encourage members to come back to the club. Ian will explore this idea. Sam has also approached Dave Ellis from Bowls NSW re running a coaching course. Betty is collecting names for anyone interested in umpiring and measuring courses. Sam will report back to the meeting on the progress of these discussions
  • Ian reported that the invitations for the Club’s 50th Anniversary Dinner will be going out today (27th April). The dinner will be on Saturday 21st All are invited and tables of 10 are recommended
  • Anne Stephen, new Tweed Byron District Delegate reported on the meeting held recently in April, congratulated Brunswick Heads and Cudgen women’s teams for doing so well in the State finals also mentioned that OSWBC is holding a Gala Day on Friday 27th May in our 50th Anniversary week
  • Ray applied for and received $1000 from the Grass Roots Sports Fund and Bowls NSW. Will discuss at our next meeting how this will be spent.

 

Minutes : Margie Enright

 

Meeting ended at 9:40am

 

Next Meeting of the BMC Wednesday 11th May at 8:30am

 

Next Brekky Bowls Sunday 22nd May at 9:00am

 

Ray Linabury

Bowls Director